Thursday, March 02, 2006

What rest and recovery does

Was not sure again what to do today - as I am to a degree doing what I feel I can do with quality and not just turning the legs over and it is quite difficult to be trying to balance a bit of a dip for the taper for 6ft but continue the quality and endurance for Canberra. Decided that some short but fastish stuff was needed. Saw Fats and others on the way to Timbrell for 1ks but that seemed a bit short and maybe too much speed.
Finally decided that 2 x3k and 1 x5k was the go and at a pace between 4.05/4.15. Felt very fresh and rested - knew it was agood pace for the whole of the first rep but did not look at the watch until the end as I wanted to run on feel 12.30. Back pushed harder as it felt okay again did not look at the watch for a 12.13. The 5k was not going to be easy and I thought 21.15 would be fine managed 20.44 but did keep and eye on the watch.
I am sure the rest/recovery enable some speed to come back into the session. Thought it probably achieved a benefit for each race.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great running... Not long to go! We are going up to cheer :-)