Sunday, March 05, 2006

20k : 91 minutes

With an eye to Canberra I wanted a good longish run at what at this stage is marathon pace. I tried this a few weeks ago and struggled to get under 5.00 min per k pace. But having unrealistic expectations I thought that 4.30 pace sounded a nice number and maybe was very very remotely possible (ha ha he said to himself as he warmed up). However suprise suprise managed 4.33 pace.

The pace was up at the red line all the way but it felt as if I could have maintained it for a few ks more. So provided recovery from 6ft is short I will give myself about 2 weeks of long tempo and speed stuff which might bring the MP down a little. That improves my chance of a good Canberra time provided fatigue doesn't set in near the end of that marathon due to the residual from 6ft.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I'll catch up on Saturday Ray. I guess you'll be running hard - if so, be careful with the recovery before Canberra. Good luck.