Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bay run x 2

No run yesterday and so somewhat recovered. Wanted a fast lap of the Bay and was hoping to run under 30 minutes for the first time in 8/10 months although I must say that I have only been running timed fast laps of the Bay for the last 6/8 weeks. Didn't look at my watch the whole way - thought it felt fast and was (at least for me) 29.58. A few days ago I managed 30.30. The saw JD and ran another lap with him with lots of talking and still managed 32.20 which a few weeks ago was a gut wrenching effort - todays second time around was a firm cruise.
A good session like today at the right time of preparation is a great mental boast.

2 comments:

Clairie said...

Hi Ray,

You sound like you are in a good place right now.

Keep it that way :)

Best of luck with Six Foot if I don't talk to you before then. Whatever you do - don't risk your chances at Canberra. I am hoping to have a double celebration with you!

Jen said...

Best of luck on Sunday Ray; I'll be there (somewhere) cheering you on.

I've just started running again so hopefully our long awaited lap of the Bay isn't too far away.