Thursday, March 09, 2006

5k TT : 19.57 - Yipee!!

After a rest day yesterday I thought a 5kTT was needed. I was hoping for sub 20 but as I have not run ANY speed sessions for 3 weeks and even when I was I had only worked down to 5 x 1k in the 4.02/4.05 range a sub 20 looked unlikely.
Started off in the dark on the 5k challenge course at the Bay. Decided I would run how a felt with odd glance at the watch but being dark the watch was not clear to read (only looked at it at 3k and thought I was just over 4 minute pace. Started off slow and built up speed to finish by sneaking in just under 20. Splits 4.06, 4.02, 4.00, 3.57, 3.52 = 19.57.
Happy with mini taper this week with both this and the Bay lap being the quickest for a long time. All I can do now for the mountain run is to get my race plan set and stick with it on the day. I have already decided on what I would like to do and I will just have to focus on that and see if it works. MPHaz has a race plan (which I suspect is the same as a lot of others) and I would love to be in his shadow at the finish although he maybe too conservative in his present estimate of his finishing time..

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Well done Ray! I love the way those splits just got faster and faster.

Good luck on Saturday. Hope you can keep that Marty character in your sights.

Jen said...

Sensational run Ray.

Best of luck for Saturday - hope we at least get a chance to say hello to each other then :-)

Superflake said...

Great Time Trial Ray. Good luck at six Foot. Hope you have a great run and don't beat yourself up to much for Canberra next month.