Sunday, March 26, 2006

Suprising Sunday : 3 x 5k

A slight right calf niggle that has been present for a few days seems to have gone with some self treatment and the run yesterday I was not sure exactly what I would do this morning but thought it needed to be faster than my expected marathon pace. At the moment I am thinking 4.30 per k which would be a 3.10 marathon.

I think that would be the very very best that I could expect if all goes perfectly from now until the race and on race day. I however will predict the time will be between 3.10 and maybe on a horow day like last year blow out to 3.30.

So decided that the session Vat has done recently was a good hard session but would not take much out of me - this is the taper time but lets not think that means all easy running. It should mean just that the long distance has gone but the intensity should be up. My thoughts at the moment is that most of my running although short should generally be no slower than planned race pace. The session starts of at race pace and each repeat should get faster - in theory - ran : (with 5 minute rest in between)
22.09 (pace 4.26)

21.21 (pace 4.16)
20.36 (pace 4.07)
The cooldown run home was all smiles for a job well done and better than expected. I expected the last repeat to be slower than the first just because I didn't think I had the endurance/speed to do it.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Good run this morning Ray. Hopefully you can keep this up to do a good time at Canberra.

Clairie said...

Sounds like a great session Ray. Certainly doesn't look like Six Foot took anything out of you.

Hope that calf niggle stays away for the next two weeks.