Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Will I or won't I.

I last posted a month ago and stopped as I was on holidays for part of the time and thought I would have a break from posting to the Blogg.

Over that time I have thought whether I would continue with the Blogg. It is no trouble to post as I keep a diary anyway the thought was - 'Am I doing this because I am self centered sufficiently to think that other people actually read it and have an interest in what I do.Or do I have some friends who are interested in what I do and this is an easy way for them to stay in touch without being in touch. Who knows?? but I thought I may continue.

Spent part of January at Coolangattta enjoying (oh the humidity) running from there to Burleigh Heads and back- round trip about 30k - and to various places in between depending on what I felt like. Most days were to Burleigh and back - so some serious ks were clocked up.

Then moved to a friends place in the Tweed Valley - and enjoyed more long runs again in the humidity but running up the Valley enjoying some beautiful bush runs - again some solid ks clocked up.

Back in Sydney for the last 2 weeks - and this time enjoying the relaxed morning runs around the Bay in less humidity and with no pressure to be home to help the kids off to school - just get home in time to get to work. A couple of bush runs but nothing over 40k but close. All up for the month 508ks - 23 days running and 8 days with no run. Most runs in the 18 - 30k range with the 2 long bush bashes.

Today around the Bay a couple of times plus some detours for 20k at 4.58 pace - wanted 4.53 pace. But I have done very little speed and it shows. Could not go much faster but could have run that pace for hours - for a good marathon at Canberra I need some more speed sessions and MP runs -so I guess February as usual will be just plain pain all the way.

4 comments:

Robert Song said...

I for one would miss reading your blog.

That was excellent training on your holiday as it was very himid then.

Tesso said...

Hey Ray, I like reading your blog. And its bound to be even more interesting this year now that you have 'turned' :-)

So, if its not too much bother, keep on bloggin'!

Superflake said...

Now who was it that told me prior to Canberra last year to practice Marathon Pace Runs?. You have too much running experience to share. Please keep the blog going. Glad to see your 'holiday month' had 500ks in it. I'm impressed!

Horrie said...

Glad to see you continue blogging Ray. We love to follow your training as you are so experienced and we continue to learn from you. A very solid month's training BTW.