Sunday, February 05, 2006

Long : 34k : 2.57.10

Needed a long run past the high 20's. Was out last night (saw the Johnny Cash movie and did't get to bed till 1.00am). Only wanted time on my feet and some distance - time was not that important but it was relevant. Ran it around the Bay area so that if I wanted to pull the plug I was close to home.

At the start I thought 20k would see me head for home - at 20k I was at the start of the Bay run and decided to run a lap - ran the lap in 37 minutes which meant I was running about 5.18 pace and it was not worth the next lap - then 26Miles and Andrew (both form the BayBoyz) run up to me just as I was finishing the lap and we paced the second lap together in just under 35 for a solid finish. Time with some regualar drink stops (but no gels) 2.57.10 so about 5.12 pace - slower than I would have liked but okay considering the sessions over the last 4/5 days.

No comments: