Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Burning the candle : 27.1k : 2.15.50

It feels like I am burning the candle at both ends at the moment with the mix of training sessions being done - but when I reflect back this feeling always arises at this time of the year - most of the base building has been done and the serious business of putting it all together in high intensity short sessions as well as keeping up the long stuff. I much prefer it when the racing starts and there is usually not much time for anything other than taper and recovery bewteen races.

Yesterday speed today long. Ran as firm as I could for the first 20k so that I could finish with a good lap of the Bay - ran that in 32.50 - about 4.42 pace which is fine considering.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Your training exhausts me Ray!

Am I doing enough mileage?

I read all the blogs on marathoners and feel like I need to be doing more.

Not that I will ever do as much as you :)