Thursday, February 02, 2006

3 x 3k

Cloudy humid morning around the Bay. Felt 'slow' as I jogged the warm up from home acorss the Iron Cove Bridge to the Rowers. I need speed sessions at the moment to build on the endurance base I have built over the last 2 months. But boy it is hard to push hard fast and short when for some months it has been no higher than firm and long.

I guesssed the weather would have an affect. Wanted 3 at about 12.20 but knew that was dreaming - this time last year I could have done 3 in 11.45 with no troubles but I peaked by mid February and could not extent the fitness for Canberra - so this year I increased the length of the base training. Now the intensity is being lifted and it is downright uncomfortable training at this intesity.

Ran 12.32/12.32/12.50 - knew the last one would blow out mainly because the humidity was on the rise by 6.30 or so. Would always like to run to the schedule but I will take it but expect the time to come down quickly over the next month.

No comments: