Tuesday, February 28, 2006

26k : 2.15 and all is well

Thinking like a novice I thought I could run this at 4.30 pace. Didn't really take into account the 60k in the legs over the last few days. It was obvious after a few k that the desired pace was not on so settled back and ran as firm as I could and maintained an even pace throughout. What was more pleasing if the was no thigh problem and so with some self treatment and lots of running I have run it out. Even though the pace was down that in hindsight was fairyland thoughts but it was firm all the way and fine. With a couple of days recovery I have no doubt the same course would be run in close to 4.30 pace and I will probably do that on Tuesday next week before the mini taper for 6ft.
An easier day tomorrow (thinking 3 x 3k might be the go) and then a couple of shortish speed sessions to sharpen up for the end of the week.
A month with a few minor twinges but I took time off so the total was down to 403 - down from Janaury of 508.

No comments: