Saturday, February 04, 2006

Some MP 5ks

This month sees a slight change of focus. Not only is there the quest for some speed also now its time to start bring the two ends of training so far together with some marathon pace (MP) running. First select your MP - I'm being wishful (read that as trying what will more than like turn out to be not able to be achieved on the day but we all have to start somewhere) so for the moment 4.15 ks per minute is the pace and 21.15 for 5k.

First MP session for some months in fact maybe it was last March/April - so something easy 2 x 5k with a 1k jog as a rest in between. How suprising what you can do with some new bright green racing flats on - if you look the part then you have to perform the part - yes how suprising 21.15 and 21.11. Suprised and a little relieved that I was able to run the session at the desired time taking into acccount the speed session yesterday.

Last week 123k and this week 110k but reduced because of the increase in the speed of some of the sessions.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ray,

I'm glad that you are continuing to update your blog.

I actually saw you twice this morning around the Bay. I walked a lap with a couple of friends. The first time you flew past so quickly so I didn't get a chance to say hello. You were looking very comfortable.

I hope I will be in a position to take you up on that rain-checked off of a lap around the Bay sometime soon.

J