Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Usual Wednesday with JD & a 30.38 Bay Run

For most of the year JD and I share a run together with a couple of laps of the Bay. He is such a nice guy that when we started in on 27 January I was pleased to be led around for a lap of the Bay in 37.07. Over the next month he continued to be patient with me, my huffing and puffing and trailing him with some 36 minute laps. I was pleased I am sure he was waiting for some speed to come to match his fitness.

He said I would get faster and be able to push him. I was not sure he was holding so much back to keep a mate company and happy.

Over the last 7 weeks I have lost quite a bit of weight and am almost down to my lightest of a few years ago. Being significantly lighter does make running just that much easier.

We do not race each other - we are mates but we do like to use the opportunity to push each other past where we think our best. I think I managed for the first time to pull him along a bit quicker than he expected and quicker than I expected.

I think a sub 30 will come soon.

1 comment:

Johnny Dark said...

Thanks again for the tow along this morning Ray, as I've often mentioned there's no way I could approach times like that if I was running solo.

And just for the record the last time I cracked 30 minutes for a lap of the Bay Run was July 1993.