Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Recovery run ???

I struggled to get up this morning despite an early night. Just some residual fatigue from Saturday I suppose.

I ran the longer loop of 12.8k and thought I would take it easy as recovery paced run. I felt better than I thought and the pace was just over 5.15 per k and it felt sustainable. When I got to just past halfway I thought I should push to the limit (whatever that would be) and really see if I could get under 60 minutes but that would mean well under 5 minutes pace with one tough long steep hill.

Anyway with that it mind I just pushed to the limit. As I got closer to the end it was looking like under 60 was possible but it would take a lung busting effort up the hill. I got to it an just pushed to the max and managed 59.51 with 4.40 for the last 6k. Nice little recovery run!!!!

No comments: