Friday, April 23, 2010

Same as yesterdaty : 56.20 @ 4.45

Unbelievable !!!! 95 seconds faster than yesterday and yesterday was the quickest I had run this 11.8k or so loop. The almost 10% body weight loss might be helping as well as the weight training I have been doing for the last couple of months.

I will no have an aim sometime in May to get below the magic 55. When I started the serious recovery training in late January this loop was about 70 minutes and a struggle.

I do have some marathons before McLeay River but those are not real focus ones. That is I will run them as hard as I can but it will be on a taper of just a few days. I am not expecting them to as quick as I hope to run at McLeay.

I have in May:
  • Canberra marathon;
  • TNF 100k on 14/15 May; and
  • Williamstown marathon on 31 May.
It was a wonderful clear sky and still around the Bay with bright orange sunrise peeping over the horizen just as I was warming up into my run. What a perfect start to another busy day. Ah but I have a treat tonight as I am running a night trail run with Rachael for a gear check for TNF.

No comments: