Monday, April 26, 2010

Usual lap: 55.23 @ 4.40 (Another PB)

Same loop as Friday and many other days. After a couple of days rest I thought I would be very quick. I was slower than I thought I would be however it was still almost a minute faster than Friday so I suppose should not complain. It is an improvement. And it should be that most days should be quicker provided the day before has not been a thrashing. To me that means all of the long steady stuff over the last 4 months is working as the times are getting to where I hoped I would get to but really did not expect I would get to when I started this recovery in December.

This is the taper week before the Canberra Marathon next Sunday. So with that in mind the training will be still high intensity each day but a big drop in the distance being run.

Predictions for a time for the marathon. I will not be running flat out but I will be running as quick as I can but with some in reserve for the 100k that is 2 weeks later. I will run to finish in the 3.35 - 3.40 range however it could get closer to 3.45. No pressure as this is not a focus marathon with a full taper but just one on the way to the focus marathon at Macleay River and then Gold Coast a few weeks later.

No comments: