Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bay 29.48 @ 4.16

Usual Wednesday with JD and our Bay loops. Last week it was 30.40 or so. All week I was thinking about whether I wanted to try for a lung busting effort for 7ks and try for under 30. When I arrived the Proff was there and it was mentioned that perhaps I would have a go at a sub 30.

He said he would hold on to me as long as he could. Well it was really me holding onto him for most of the lap. He managed 29.57 and he says 'I am just getting back into running'. Based on that I am not sure what he will do when he gets fit. He might get back to the 27.xx we did a few years ago.

You guessed it I was very pleased and still a very satisfied feeling. When I started back with JD and the laps of the Bay in 38 I thought sub 30 was gone forever.

It nice to get something you thought you had lost.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Not lost yet. Just needs injury free training for a few months Ray. Good run.

Johnny Dark said...

I should mention that Ray's time is all the more commendable for having to dodge an array of other runners, walkers, cyclists and dogs. Not to mention having to ascend a long, steep set of stairs beneath the Iron Cove Bridge.