Friday, April 09, 2010

20.8k @5.06

This is my long loop and short loop both with that gut busting lung burning hill at the end of each. Yesterday was longish and quickish and today I was wanting a quick one as well.

Despite going to bed reasonably early I am still finding it a struggle to get up in the morning but once I am up I am fine. The weather is just starting to be cool but there is still quite a lot of humidity on most days.

My PB on this course was a few weeks ago at 1.46.28 and I have trained hard since then and thought it was about time to get under 1.45 knowing in February I could not break 2 hours and on a bad day it was up near 2.10 and at t that time I thought I was running hard.

I knew it was going to hurt all the way but I was prepared for that and I wanted it that way.

Enough said - 1.43.40 @ 5.06. I would have to say training is coming along very well at the moment. That 5.06 pace is nothing to be excited about but I think it is some tough and long training sessions and should get quicker with a good taper. While I have a couple of marathons and a 100k in May this present training and those events should get me well trained for McLeay and Gold Coast Marathons in June and July.
Couldn't be happier and the loss of some weight has no doubt helped.

1 comment:

TokyoRacer said...

Good run. Your training is coming along nicely.