Friday, April 02, 2010

Great result : 2 x 8.5k

I was fresh after no run yesterday. I plan to run 60k or so on Saturday on part of the course of the North Face event being held in mid May. I therefore didn't want a long tiring run but decided on a shortish sharp one.

Instead of the more usual 21k loops I ran 2 of the shorter loops. It is the Bay run with a huge long hill at the end added on as it takes it back close to my place and then we do it all again. I do not run this often but as as very solid tempo run it is a good challenge.

I ran this about 6 weeks ago in about 93 and so to get under that was the aim. The first lap was 46.33 @ 5.28 and I thought my chances of under getting under 90 were gone and under 93 was at risk. I then pushed the second and was not watching the Garmin. Pushed up the lung burning and lactic acid producing hill like never before and clicked stop. Stooped over for a few minutes to get my breath and looked to see the second lap time. I couldn't even guess what it might be. I just knew it was as quick as I could go - 42.00.83 to be exact @4.56 for 88.34.

You could say I was pleased.

2 comments:

Johnny Dark said...

The improvements keep coming Ray.

Superflake said...

Good run Ray. Hope the run on Saturday was ok?