Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tuesday: A super set of 3 x 5k

I was out a little after 5.00 am in the quiet dark as usual. Not many about at that time today. Temperature was 22 and the humidity 82% so it was going to be another testing morning.

It was a super set today of 3 x 5k with 5 minutes active rest in between. I haven't even thought about do this set for years. It was my go to session when the training was for a sub 3 marathon but then the 5k was run in about 21 minutes.

I expected each to heart and much more as I moved through them. The aim was to be consistent and under 30 minutes for each. I did not expect the last one to make that time and I almost did't do it but I had planned to run 3 so I did with the thought 'All that can happen is I run over 30 minutes'. Really no big deal. 

The third one was hard and I was on 5.50 pace at 2k and almost held that pace to the end. I hope these types of sessions translate into a good marathon by mid next year.

29.05
29.28
29.23

What a glorious morning and I cooled down in a quiet little corner as I usually do each day after my run and enjoy some quiet reflection time before joining the day.



No comments: