Saturday, March 02, 2019

Saturday pre marathon

Beautiful morning in Sydney. So an easy walk down to the water and just watch the passing parade as I did some gentle exercises and stretches. The Little A's were setting up with lots of activity, the usual  'Can Do' group warming up before there run and the masses of walkers, runners and bikers enjoy the path around the Bay.

Thought to blow some cobwebs out I would do some 'Yasso's' as they are called or just plain 800m reps. The reasonably well proven theory is what time you run these in, in minutes and seconds will translate int your marathon time in hours and minutes (one huge note you must have the endurance in the legs for it to really be accurate). I don't have a enough at the moment.

So 4 x 800m and all within the 4.07 - 4.11 range so that should reflect in a possible 4.07 - 4.11 marathon. But off course you have factor in the endurance level of your fitness not just the speed over 800m, the course profile and the weather and others.

A good guide with all the right things in place on the day. That is not going to happen for me on Sunday but it does give me a conservative pacing guide. So I thing if the weather is kind and I pace myself conservatively in the first half and HOLD in the second half I might be around 4.30. Fingers crossed and here's hoping but then again it could be much much worse if I have got the starting pacing horribly wrong.

No comments: