Saturday, March 23, 2019

Saturday morning update

The last week has been very busy.

A week ago on Friday night I drove t Canberra from Sydney in the afternoon to arrive at the AIS running track about 5.30pm Just in time to collect my race number and start a marathon at 6.00pm. Don't you just hate 102 laps of a 400m running track. Anyway it was all over in 4.50.03 and thank heavens. It is part of a big weekend of track ultra running. So nice to share the track with some running legends. 

The I drive home and was showered an in bed just after 2.00am

I was going to run a marathon on Sunday in Sydney but did not.

Early on Monday morning Helen and I few to Ballina and spent the next 3 days with our son his partner and our granddaughter, Nigella.Words cannot describe of holding your first grandchild for the first time. It is love at first sight. The time went much too quickly. We will not be back until Easter when the whole family will travel north to spend time together and no doubt spoil Nigella.

I was back in the office on Thursday and Friday trying to frantically catch up on office work and my lecturing commitments.

State elections in NSW today. I have done that after a nice 15k run

Pa and Nigella




Scenes from the Bay this morning 




1 comment:

Anne Victor said...

Hi Ray,
Love the photo of you and Nigella.

Also, great run on the track too. You certainly are disciplined to stay on it for 102 laps!
Kind regards,
Anna