Thursday, March 14, 2019

Thursday: 5k PB for 2019

It was a full cloud cover this morning. The usual 22 degrees and 80% humidity and no breeze.

After 2 very solid mornings I would not consider I was rested but still thought I had a chance of a good 5k if I was prepared to put in an all our effort as the main session for the morning. 

I do have two marathons on the weekend so I have been easing down on distance this week but using the intensity.  I was determined to run in a pain level of effort that I have not pushed into for a long time. Rewarded with a 26.41 and the best this years being the 27.20 from a few weeks ago.



'Yasso's' - we know about those right and the guide to a marathon time provided you have the endurance. I don't quite have that end of marathon endurance yet. A few weeks ago I did 4 and was around the 4.10 time for the 800m. Today after the 5k I did only 3 but all about 4.03 time.

That sub 4 hour marathon is getting close but not quite yet.

The end part of most of my runs. A nice 500m flat and along the waters edge.




1 comment:

Ewen said...

Fitness is coming back Ray. You'd be pleased with the 4:50 for the AIS track marathon. So many laps!