Monday, March 04, 2019

Orange Marathon 4.26.01

It went better than I expected. I thought closer to 4.45 and I thought that was possible when I was running the second half expecting a massive slow down because I went out as quick as I could but still being conservative - if you know what I mean.

It was still dark at the start and the sun was not up for about 20 minutes. It was pleasantly cool at the start but not cold about 14 degrees. The ideal running conditions remained for about 2 hours and then it got very hot very quickly and by the time I finished at about 11.00 am it was 26 degrees.

There are lots of long inclines with some very short but challenging hills. There is not much flat running for any considerable distance. I know the 'Yasso's' predicted maybe a 4.12 but that was never going to happen because I do not have enough endurance but I am working on that.

An out and back course with halfway in about 2.10 and the second half in 2.14. Please with that considering my current level of endurance fitness and the heat in the second half.

Easy 5k walk this morning and a steady recovery run planned for tomorrow morning.

A week off before a track marathon in Canberra. 

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good to see you back blogging Ray.