Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Usual Wednesday Hot lap of the Bay : 30.21

It was a very surprising hot lap this morning. Completely unplanned and unexpected.

With the increase in k's and no rest day for about 10 days I thought fatigue would be a factor in limiting the pace. JD was not present but the Professor was there. He set a good solid pace for the start and unbelievably I felt strong and fresh and just tagged along on his heels. I felt we were moving well but I decided not to look at the watch at anytime.


I stayed with him until about 2k from the end when he cruised off into the distance. Even if I had known sub 30 was close I don't think I could have made it. However getting close to under 30 4/5 weeks earlier than I expected is pleasing. I expected it would tale at least that amount of time before I was this close. We will see what next week brings.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Good run Ray. Building well for Canberra

Johnny Dark said...

Sorry to have missed our hot lap this week Ray. Sounds like you're starting to hit your straps and that sub 30 can't be too far away.

Catch up again soon.

JD