Friday, February 11, 2011

20k @ 5.32

I was planning to run about 13k but was moving well and the weather was not too bad so I added a lap of the Bay onto the run. A okay pace and things in that regard seemed to have steadied after the wild fluctuations early in the week.

I wonder if it is just wishful thinking or am I actually feeling better and building the base. I am not sure but with 102k in 5 consecutive runs this week and no niggles I just hope the base is building. I also have been doing weights and other core type strength work 4/5 days a week for a couple of weeks. I think it is a bit early for any benefits to show.

To JD and Proff - a sub 30 for the Bay gets more difficult as the years roll by but I think my best chance will be the week before Canberra, so I have set Wednesday 6th April and the last shot if not before.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I think you're doing well with the base-building. It's hard to tell in the early stages.