Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Usual 'hot' lap of the Bay: 32.00

Hot is relative to my present fitness. And with an up and down week I thought I might struggle to match last weeks time.

I was up early to enjoy the coolness in the very early predawn and managed a slow lap of the Bay to the start. JD was there as usual and we were joined by the Professional fresh from his weekends open water swim at Manly. The usual banter about niggles giving weight to the predicted slow times (well they were from me at least the other two were quiet). I know why as the were serious from the start and within a few hundred meters they were away in the distance.

I just wanted some even laps and just about managed that. I ran 32.00 with an improvement from last week. JD 30.15 and Proff 29.30 ? - no wonder they were ahead soon after the start.


JD is within a 100 meters of a sub 30 lap. We just have to master 'pain' street leading up tot he new bridge. Proff ... what can you say he is back and should tick the BIG box for Canberra. It is great to have him back.

2 comments:

Professor said...

Eagle, there's a big difference between 6.87 k's around the Bay and the "big" box of Canberra! However, thanks for the kind words and confidence vote - It's great to be back, and you're shaping up well as well. All 3 of us under 30 in 4 or 6 weeks time, ok?

Johnny Dark said...

It's a deal Prof.