Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bay lap : 29.35!!!

Usual Wednesday with JD and Professor for the hot lap. Thanks to the lead of the Professor I managed under 30 for the first time since 21 April last year. Really after that run there was not many attempts.

I am pleased with the run as it was only 4 weeks ago that I returned from Hong Kong well out of shape and expecting that a sub 30 would not happen despite giving it a go. Our first Wednesday run was on 2 February with a 32.42, followed by 32.00 and 30.21. So a good progression and much sooner that I was planning and all off marathon base building.


I am at about the same condition I was for Canberra last year but only reached this stage 2 weeks from the marathon and this year I still have about 7 weeks to go. So maybe I can squeeze a bit more endurance in before then and challenge a sub 3.30.


Proff was about 15 seconds faster than me and JD is 50 meters off the sub 30.


I have enjoyed the challenge of the hot weekly lap and I doubt if I will try and get quicker but just maintain where I am at.

It's the only quick running I do all the rest is 5.15 pace or slower. Just got to love the Lydiard base building - train to run a 100 miles a week in training at a firm but comfortable pace and reach that base and then do some specific training after the base is built. That maybe a gross over simplification but it is what I try to follow at this time of the year.

3 comments:

Bernadette Gregory said...

Now that is a "hot lap". Very please everything is coming together so well.

Gadfly said...

You looked pretty smooth and under control when I saw you this morning. I was driving across to training and saw you running over the bridge at the lights on Henley Marine Drv...didn't want to beep or call out and disturb the peace...

Now, if only I could get a time like that for a 5km I'd be pleased!!.....7km! Great!!!

Sounds like all your patience and hard work is coming together.

Superflake said...

Good run Ray. I reckon you will run quicker than 3:30 at Canberra.