Saturday, February 19, 2011

12.5k @ 5.11 to finish a 144k week

Just the usual loop with the best time to date. A nice way to finish a 144k week. Biggest week for a long long time. Maybe this time last year was when I even got close.

No doubt I will jinx myself but I am relatively injury free. I must confess for the last 4 weeks or so I have been doing about 4 sessions a week of core exercises of one hour each and about 4 sessions of weights again of about an hour each. They area bit of a burden to fit in as well as running but hopefully I can keep them up. Hopefully some leg strength and core stability will come from them.

4 comments:

Ewen said...

Good week Ray. It's coming along nicely.

TokyoRacer said...

Very good, Ray. And I think the core exercises will definitely help you.

Superflake said...

A stronger core will help at the end of races when other runners are fading. A big week. Close to 100 miles.

Bernadette Gregory said...

Sounds like the strenght training is going well.