Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Speed session for me??

Yes decided it was time to adda bit of speed and variety to the mornings sessions. Who was it that said 'I feel the need for speed'. Was it Tom in Top Gun.

I am not sure I have a need for speed but it did make for an interesting and pleasant change. I was really not looking forward to a session that pushed the pace instead of the usual of holding a pace and endurance. Anyway it was locked in so it was done.

As a tester it was 3k from the Rowers around the Bay as firm as I could but holding steady just to see what time that would be. A surprising 13.15 being 4.25 and really it felt easy. I was planning to do 10 x 1k reps at about 4.40 but decided that maybe closer to 4.30 would be possible.

Long story short: 4 x 1k : 4.16/4.15/4.14/4.15

I then decided I would not try for anything faster but go longer. So....

3 x 2k : 8.25/8.27/8.25

They all seemed too easy. I was not holding back but I was not to the limit. I just wanted to start and end the reps at the same pace. An intersting session.

No comments: