Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Update: No running

Absolutely no running so far this week and I will not be running at all this week. Who knows if it will be recovered for the marathon on Sunday. There is nothing I can do but do RICE and hope.

So far my plan for the marathon will be to finish and do as little damage as I can AND under 5 hours. I have never run a road marathon slower 5 hours and very very few over 4 hours. So it is very depressing to consider finishing one over 5 hours. I know I could walk one in 5.30.

Why start at all. I have paid for flights etc and I guess foolishly I have decided I will go and start and see what will happen. It could be that I start and I have no problems. You will never know unless you give it a go.


2 comments:

Ewen said...

Hope it comes good by Sunday Ray. At least good enough so you can cover the distance comfortably and without doing further damage.

You're in great shape, so shouldn't lose too much with the time off.

Zac B-S said...

I'll be sending good vibes your way.