Wednesday, May 11, 2011

26k @ 5.01

The mornings are quickly becoming much cooler. The sunrise over the Bay was brilliant with a spectacular orange in a cloudless sky and still air. The early morning rowers were silhouetted as dark shadows on water.

I have altered the second half of the run to includes all of the hills that are included in the first loop. The first loop and about half the total distance was slow as is sometimes the case. That slow time then inspires me to push harder and managed the second half in under 4.50 pace. I just need to get the pace up in the first half but it seems to take a while before I run freely.


Still a nice pace for the distance and two sets of the tough hills.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the cold slowewed us all down a bit this morning Ray - took Jo and I about 6kms before we got under 5 min pace and then had a much speedier run from then.

Only ran 20km mind you :)

Rach