Monday, May 16, 2011

26k@ 4.56

I thought it would be a bit quicker with the rest yesterday but it wasn't to be. Just a slight issue with my back while running and I have no idea where that came from. The pace was still firm and as seems to be the case the seconds half was much quicker but incorporates the same hills as the first half.

I will do a couple of different sessions this week. Partly to change the interest and add a little speed although it is less than 2 weeks to the marathon. I think I know my body and the preparation that suits me and I think they will not do any harm.

I hope to do a 6k warm up. 6/8 1k reps at about 4.40 or so and 6k warm down. About half a k in between reps. That should fatigue me for the rest of the day. I may stop it early if it does not feel right or the time is getting too slow to have any benefit.

I expect the weekly k's to go down to about 100 but with two tough speed sessions.

No comments: