Thursday, May 19, 2011

Same session as Tuesday

This was never going to be easy. A 10k in total speed session when I rarely do them. I am doing a few now in the lead up to the next marathon. Base building was finished and in the taper I decided to vary things and add some speed.

I thought this could be an absolute disaster with some fatigue slowing the running down. The tester was the 3k at the start for the warm up. A 12.56 and about 20 seconds faster and it felt okay

So off to do 4 x 1k reps: 4.11/4.03/4.05/4.04. I pushed hard and firm but no gut busting sprint at the end just maintained the pace. Nice increase in speed over Tuesday.

Then the 3 x 2k reps: 8.17/8.13/8.15. Again a nice improvement from Tuesday. I really thought the last one would either not be done or would be a crash and burn.

A pleasing session.

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Speed is coming back you have got to be happy with that session!

Great to see you coming into good form again!

Ewen said...

You're timing things perfectly Ray. Can't wait to see how the coming marathons go.