Thursday, October 13, 2011

Update: Fitzroy Marathon 4.12.08

Ran the marathon last Saturday a bit slower than I was hoping. The first half went to plan with about a 1.55 steady split. I continued to run well until 30k (doesn't everyone) then the pace just slipped away badly. I was pushing hard mentally and physically but no juice in the tank.

It was probably because the marathon the weekend before was quick and the FF marathon of on trails and I just do not train that way. So the continual change in the surface, rises and falls, turns and twist just took its toll. However despite not getting under 4 it was an okay run. Almost all of my 7/8 + 4 hours have been on this run.

My ankles felt the change in surface etc and so I took until Thursday before I went out for a recovery run. Other factors were involved as well to cause the longer than usual break. Work has been very busy with early starts and late finishes, the left hammy is a little tight and I do not want another October injury that throws out preparation for GNW and C2K. So gently does it.

Off to Melbourne later today for the second week in a row. Its only overnight and I will be back late Friday. I hope to get a few laps of the Tan in on Friday morning before the conference. Then the first run in the new season for SMC and I will do a nice gentle half marathon in just under 2 hours.

No comments: