Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Update

With summer just started I thought it maybe time to start the blogg again.
I finished the GNW 100 miles in 34 hours 46 minutes and was very pleased. I still think back and cannot believe that I completed the 100 miles or 175k and kept going for 34+ hours - it all seems like it didn't happen to me or that I couldn't have possibly done that. Anyway that was a few weeks ago and I finished with no injuries or niggles and have had a good steady recovery.
What's next well maybe the Coastal Classic 12 hour at Gosford on 6th January - it seems certain unless something unexpected happens to change the plan. Definitely NO 6ft track this year as I want to be fresh for the Canberra marathon. For the last few years I have had very disappointing results in 2007 I would like to give it my best shot at a good time.
I started this week with some preparation training but that will be interrupted with hospital on Friday - not sure how long I will be in (hopefully a few days at the most) or how long I will be out of running. Non running issue that needs to be fixed.
Today once around the Bay fairly fast and 5 x 1200 at 4 mpk pace.

6 comments:

Spud said...

Great to see you back blogging again Ray, and congrats again on some fine redemption at GNW, hard to believe your comeback from the stressie, what 10% rule ;-)

2P said...

Congratulations Ray on such a fantastic result at GNW.

Coastal Classic is a great event - very much enjoyed it earlier this year.

Good to see you blogging again.

Jen said...

Welcome back Ray - you have been missed.

Congrats on your fantastic result at GNW. Looking forward to following your journey once more.

Ewen said...

I read about your GNW effort on CoolRunning Ray - phenomenal is all I can say.

I hope CC and the lead-up to Canberra goes well. All the best.

Tesso said...

Welcome back to Bloggsville Ray. We've missed you :-)

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back blogging again Ray. Hope the Coastal Classic goes well.