Sunday, June 14, 2009

Steady 26k @ 5.28

I think my longest run since Canberra. It was really just a recovery run pace - that is a pace that is building aerobic capacity and not hard enough that I will need to ease off tomorrow. It was firm with 2 loops: the first @ 5.33 and then as I like to do push harder on the second @ 5.25. I need to build aerobic capacity quickly before Gold Coast so it will be a combination of running as long as I can and at a firm pace each time with the aim to be able to do the runs each day without the usual hard/easy days.

Each day will by hard/easy but the difference between them will not be a great as is usually the case. This is about building that capacity as quickly as I can. I will start using the HR to assess how I am going. I should be able to run the same pace but see the HR drop. If that happens the mt aerobic capacity is improving.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Yes, not long to go Ray.

The moderately hard every day sounds a little like Hosaka's training. Even his two lots of 5 x 1k intervals are only moderately hard.