Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nice quick session : 13k @ 4.41

Nice and rested after the day off yesterday. Felt strong after the Pilate's class last night.

It was the day to push hard to just see where I was at in regard to regaining some fitness. Very pleased to finish the 13k in 60.50. That is the fastest I have run this loop it since stating it about 5 weeks ago. It it no where as quick as I was just before Canberra but I believe I am as fit as I have/could be post Canberra.It seems as if the last months sessions have at least resulted in a good improvement which is what I was hoping would happen.

It give me a good positive outlook for the next 4 months leading up to GNW in mid November.

All my training and marathons will be focused on getting prepared for that. Even the Glasshouse 100 miler is just being treated as part of the preparation although I am also looking forward to that event as well but it certainly is not the highlight of the second half of the year.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Nice work Ray, thinsg seem to be shaping up nicely now. This 13k loop you talk of, where is it? Does it go around Black Wattle Bay and up through Leichardt?

Ewen said...

See you up there Ray. The 20:55 was a good one - the 3:30 bus shouldn't be too much of a problem.