Thursday, June 18, 2009

A day off is fine

Did not run on Wednesday. I will recall it a planned passive recovery day. Others could call it a wimp out as it was raining heaving when I woke up - so instead of running I went to work early.
So today I was rested and although I felt slow and that I was struggling the time were an improvement on the recent one for the same loops. In fact I did the same as Tuesday and improved the 13k from 5.14 to 5.04 pace. The shorter 5.5k of hills improved from 5.35 to 5.14 pace. At this stage I will take any improvement I can and use it to inspire me to push harder on those days that I need to do that.
Question is have much improvement can I achieve before Gold Coast marathon. Who knows but I think it will be between 3.40 - 3.45 but I do hope to be able to just squeeze under 3.30.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I think you will surprise yourself Ray - a rest day is fine!

Will you be running Hunter Valley?

Glenda said...

Welcome back to the running world...hope to see you at Gc

Anth said...

I reckon you are sandbagging a little there Ray with the 3:45 suggestion :)