Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Wednesday: Not so easy around the Bay

I was about halfway around the Bay at Rodd Point about 6.15am and the eastern sky was already light with the orange sunrise already well under way. Daylight early in the run certainly puts a bounce in your stride.

It was cool, crisp, still and sunny morning - quite the opposite of yesterday
Despite it being just a few days after the marathon I feel okay so today was long with 2 loops with all the hills that can be included, included. Just over 21k at 5.50 per k average.

The only run on my mind at the moment and I know it will not change of the GNW 100 milers in November. All I want to do in training between now and then is run long and often - pace is almost irrelevant but looooooooooong is the key. Hills and as many as possible are another ingredient for training. And would you believe to practice fast walking - so it looks like some fast Bay walks will need to be factored into training. I know from experience that you need to practice walking to be able to do it well in the event.

Lets see if I can stay injury free, get rid of the achilles issue train long and often - oh and another 6/7 marathons between now and then.

No comments: