Monday, August 02, 2010

Monday: Easy around the Bay

The second day after a marathon the DOM's usually are the worst. Surprising as I have none. No soreness, nothing , zip. So I went for a cruisy run around the Bay. I felt good - the weather was cool but pleasant, it is getting lighter earlier and the start to the day seemed to have a brightness and lightness to it.

Not that grey uninviting type of winters morning.

I stopped halfway around to do some stretching at a sailing club. I stretch on a deck over the water. It is so pleasant to hear the water lapping on the shore, away from the traffic and have the sun rise over the water to the east. This morning I took all that in. After the stretching I just sat with my legs over the deck to take time to acknowledge how lucky I am and how wonderful it is to be fit and healthy.

I then needed to snap back into reality as I was in Court this morning and needed to get moving to be there on time.

No comments: