Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A lap in 52.50 : WTF!!!

Just one of those days. I felt good their was a touch of early spring in the air and even just before 6.00am the eastern sky was just showing some pink

A few days after a marathon I should only be thinking of going out for the first time for a hobble. Today it was just the opposite. I felt like running hard. So I did.

Again I did not have a Garmin on as I didn't want to be fixed on pace - today was all about feel. I ran hard with no issues and on the hilly 10.5 k loop I only check my time at one spot and I was just under 39 minutes - jesus usually it is just below 45. I had a quick recall to make sure I had not cut part of the loop off - I had not so I pushed onto the finish. The time was about 3 minutes faster than ever - yes ever but then again I have only been doing this exact loop for3/4 weeks.

This really should not have happened 3 days after a tough marathon.

No comments: