Sunday, September 25, 2005

SMC : Half Marathon : 93.20

I knew before the start that I was not in shape to run under 90 - lets hope that magic number returns for the half at sometime in the future. However thought I was close to 90 so started off on 90 pace - that meant averaging 21.15 per k and a course that is not out and back with a very tough section from 10 -15k. That means the 5k splits are not likely to be equal.
Splits for each 5k : 21.16, 21.43, 23.03, 22.35 and 4.42 for the last 1.1k
I have been doing some measuring of HR just to see if it will give me some guidence to training intensities that I need to do to achive certain outcomes form the session. I have not determined my maxHR but thought it was about 150 (usuing the not very scientific 220 less age I should have a max of 164).
I think using 170 as max might not be correct - it might need to be hiher although I have never recorded it over 170. The reason for this rethink is that the average HR for the run was 161 which with a max is 94% which I don't think could be correct. The time is about 5 minutes slower than usual but I would have thought the run could not have been run greater than at threshold which according to Daniels is 90%MaxHR - on that basis my max is about 178.
I will do noting with the data at the moment but see what information I get over then next month or so.

No comments: