Wednesday, September 28, 2005

22.5k :1.44.25 : Feeling great

After yesterdays busy day I was not sure what I would feel like doing but I did when I went to bed last night want to do a steady double lap. Got up feeling okay so set out for what I intended would be 2 laps at a firm pace but not hard - thought that would result in 2 laps of about 55 minutes.

Was not keeping a close look at the watch but was stunned to complete the first lap in 52.19 - not my fastest single lap but ceratinly the fastest for a 2 lapper. Suprised I felt reasonably comfortable. With that start I refocused and thought I should consolidate and push hard on the second lap or at least for as long as I could. Managed the second slightly faster in 52.06.

So about 3 minutes faster than Friday which was my previous best. Also suprisingly the average HR on Friday was 157 but today was faster but the average HR was down to 151. No doubt on those figures the old heart appears to undergoing some adaption - that is running faster but with a lower HR. I think that is what training is supposed to do.

No comments: