Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hard day : 23k : 1.52

I wasn't sure what to do today but thought it should be longer rather than shorter. I know that with Melbourne looming a taper should be in the plan - it is but just not yet. These longer runs are not for endurance for Melbourne but for some slef confidence with Melboure being a rather secondary consideration.
Decided to do my longer Bay loop twice - about 23k. Felt absolutely fantastic through the whole run. It was the first time for some time that I could push hard and not feel any restrictions. Buthaving setthat I did set myself a limit - that is I wanted to run about 5 minute per k pace and have the heart rate up at about 90% max which in theory equates to a threshold pace run.
The time - 1:53 which is just below 5 minutes per k pace the average HR was 148 being 88%. Pleased and for once after a session I actually felt fatigued.

No comments: