Sunday, September 04, 2005

11.5 km : 49.39 **


Rested yesterday and felt fresh for a hard push today. Wanted to get under the magic 50 minutes - ran a very pleasing 49.39. On the Sunday before Gold Coast the same course was was run in 51.08 - so I am faster at this satge of the taper but I have not have a lot of enduarance training so there is some doubt about being able to repeat the time. Will repeat the same last week taper that I did for Gold Coast and see how the day turns out. At this stage I think better than 3.30 but no better than 3.15 - 3.20 all thing s going according to the race plan.

Thought I would include a photo - finishing my first marathon. Legal & General : 03.05.082 : 4.25.40. Note the gear but did hvae Nike shoes.

1 comment:

vat_man said...

Love the photo, Ray - looks like the running action has stood the test of time...