Tuesday, September 20, 2005

11.25k hard : 50:36

Hard around the Bay with some of my hills included around the swimming pool. Felt absolutely great - the best for a long while. No stiffness aches or pains anywhere. Felt relaxed and loose. Therefore pushed hard but knew there would be a little residual tiredness from Sunday despite my feeling.
Have stated wearing the heart rate monitor to go back to pacing some runs by HR - I think my maxHR is about 168. Ran the course about a minute slower than a rested PB. Average HR was 145 which is about 86%- for a Threshold Pave run it should be about 90% so it was fine. Sometimes it was up at the low 160's so the old heart got a bit of a push this morning. Great way to start a busy day.

1 comment:

silverfox said...

Ray

It is nice to read you were able to enjoy running this morning without any pain. Hope to catch up soon, With Samuel sleeping through the evenings I can resume training in the mornings more regularly now(touch wood!).Take care.

I may or may not see you on sunday for the smc half, not certain yet.

Nick