Sunday, November 28, 2004

Saturday 27 November : 5km Challenge : 18.39

was sure how I would run becuase of the marathon 6 days before. Decided to run how I felt as the run progressed but thought even if the recovery was progressing well I would not go much under 20 minutes. Started off with the 20 minute group and soon feel in behind the lead runner - the first k felt firm but not flat out so was surprised to see it run in 3.35 then eased off but the front runner fell behind. kept it for but with a reduced paced for the next 2 km without looking atthe split until 3km which was at 11.05. Thought the last 2 k would fall away by driftingover 4 minute ks - did not chectthe watch again until the finish in a very very surprising 18.39. Can't recall the last time I ran a 5 km that fast so I will treat it as a PB.

Running the Central Coast Half Marathon next Sunday - so I want to maintain this peak with some short sharp work during the week - enough to keep fresh.

Pleased with the even splits at 3.35, 3.45, 3.45, 3.47 & 3.46.

No comments: