Friday, November 19, 2004

Friday 19 November : 5km : 19.23

Undecided whether I should run as my legs have felt heavy after Tuesday's 15km. I am tapering for the marathon on Sunday but not a serious taper - I want to kind of 'train through' this marathon and then have a 10 day recovery so that I can start a 18 week program for Canberra at the start of Decemeber.

Decided to run - knew it would not be super fast so aimed for a firm pace with splits as even as I could 'feel' them - that is I did not look at my watch during the run just pressed at the km marks - my legs felt heavy so Sunday will be a hard push near the end but I know that because I have trained through the taper.

Splits : 3.52, 3.50,3.51,3.54 & 3.54. Those splits are the way to run the correct tempo session -the even splits provide the maximum benefit from the sustained effort through the whole of the run.

No comments: