Monday, April 18, 2011

SMC Half marathon : 98.57 2 4.40

The last half I ran was at SMC in October and then I just got in under 100. I originally thought I would cruise to 110 or so time.

On the drive out I thought I should just push as hard as I could. I started of with JD and we got a good system going of each of us taking the lead for 250m or so. I thought we would maintain that fora while until I feel off the pace. Unfortunately he fell off the pace early and we were just maintaining just under 100 pace.


I was then left more most of the run to run alone. I pushed to the limit in the sense of the limit I could maintain to the end. The 5k splits were pretty even considering the course : 24.01/22.58/23.58/23.04. Nice solid time that gives me something to work on for the next race at SMC and the next marathon
.

No comments: