Thursday, April 07, 2011

A nice 14.4k @ 5.01

The same loop since Monday - no I don't get bored, well at least not yet. It is the only way to gauge how I am progressing when the rate of recovery is important to be known.

Yesterday was at 5.10 pace so it was nice to have a significant increase in pace with the HR not much above. I am not really into HR training zones but it is a factor to take into account when assessing your fitness level. It is a good comparison tool. The usual though nit accurate calculation for MaxHR is 220 less your age. That would give me 158 or there abouts - on some hills I hit 160 so it confirms that formula is not accurate.

On today's run the speed is fine but the endurance will be a real issue and holding my pace at the end will be more than a challenge - probably an impossible task. I just hope it does not get too ugly.

No comments: